Nonprofit Resources – 11 Websites for Nonprofit Learning
Whether you’re a seasoned fundraiser or new to the field, every nonprofit professional needs to keep a pulse on industry trends and best practices. The way donors want to engage with organizations is constantly evolving, so nonprofits need to stay on top of everything from technology and social media, to marketing and storytelling.
As a best practice, you should have a running list of resources that help you stay up to date on all things nonprofit-related. To make it easy for you, we’ve rounded up some essential software and blogs worth consulting, no matter your organizational size or mission.
Marketing and Communications
1. HubSpot – HubSpot is an inbound marketing platform. Unlike traditional marketing tactics like direct mail or cold calling, inbound marketing uses valuable content to attract people to your brand. Whether you’re a nonprofit or a for-profit business, HubSpot’s blogs offer a wealth of smart, valuable tips that any organization can apply to their marketing strategy.
2. The Storytelling Non-Profit – When it comes to communicating with your donors, stories can be a powerful tool to spur action. That’s why The Storytelling Non-Profit exists.
Through a variety of workshops, blog articles, and webinars, this resource offers excellent advice about how you can communicate and make meaningful connections with your donors through stories.
Sector News and Trends
3. The Chronicle of Philanthropy – This news source is a staple in many a nonprofit’s stash of go-to’s.
The Chronicle of Philanthropy provides a wide range of content for the nonprofit sector, with topics spanning from corporate support opportunities to technology advancements. Check this nonprofit resource daily for current event updates, fundraising tips and trends, and downloadable tools for your organization.
4. Stanford Social Innovation Review – The Stanford Social Innovation Review (SSIR) serves philanthropic, nonprofit, and business leaders looking to solve global issues. The writers’ academic prowess offers innovative ideas and best practices for those seeking to achieve social change.
Find top-notch content that provides fresh perspectives on social entrepreneurship and nonprofit fundraising.
5. The NonProfit Times – This longstanding news publication is a popular resource for best practices on how to manage your organization.
Its articles delve into industry news and research, as well as fundraising, accounting, and daily operational tips for your nonprofit staff. Scour through the content to learn how to strengthen your organization.
6. Nonprofit Quarterly – This nonprofit resource offers nonprofits a range of topics regarding news and trends, organizational management, and development.
Find relevant information on everything from current political events to discussions about financial management.
7. Philanthropy News Digest – The Foundation Center’s daily news service, Philanthropy News Digest rounds up tons of articles from the philanthropic sector. The website also publishes job openings at foundations and nonprofits, as well as daily requests for proposals (RFP) listings—current funding opportunities offered by foundations or other grantmakers. Also check out the site’s opinion and commentary blog, PhilanTopic, for more philanthropy-related content.
8. Nonprofit Technology Network (NTEN) – NTEN is a community of nonprofit professionals working to use technology effectively to achieve their missions.
Here you can find a range of nonprofit benchmarks and reports regarding technology usage in the sector, as well as other resources about how to infuse technology into your organizational strategy.
9. TechSoup.org – TechSoup is an online community that brings together nonprofits and libraries with the technology solutions they need to maximize their efficiency. Check out articles and educational tools on how to best use technology for your organization.
You can even access discounted products and services from the community’s various software partners.
10. The Fundraising Authority – The Fundraising Authority offers a range of fundraising how-to’s and pointers. Find articles that touch on fundraising basics, direct mail tactics, and donor cultivation to get your nonprofit off the ground.
Whether you’re a small or large organization, you can be sure to find content that applies to your fundraising efforts.
11. Classy – From latest industry trends to best practices, the Classy blog talks about all things nonprofit development. Learn how to buff up your online, peer-to-peer, and event fundraising and marketing strategies. And, to boost your fundraising savvy even further, make sure to check out our free downloadable guides, webinars, and case studies.
Tap these blogs and resources to increase your nonprofit knowledge and achieve your mission. We’d love to hear your input and expand this list, so add your favorite ways to stay up to date on nonprofit trends and best practices in the comments below.
Every Campaign. Every Channel. #Winning
Image Credit: StockSnap.io
Subscribe to the Classy Blog
Get the latest fundraising tips, trends, and ideas in your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing
You signed up for emails from Classy