Classy’s Top 10 Nonprofit Webinars of 2020
Every year, Classy addresses the questions circulating throughout the nonprofit community in a series of webinars specifically designed to set your organization up for success. We conduct research, engage with the top thinkers across the social sector, and prepare actionable takeaways to create unrivaled content for your organization to lean on.
We rounded up our top 10 nonprofit webinars from 2020 so you can brush up on creative strategies and tactics as you set goals for the new year. Explore the topics below, and then download and watch the recordings as you put together your game plan for 2021.
1. 5 Ways to Future-Proof Your Fundraising
The year 2020 has proven that a proactive fundraising strategy, designed to weather any unforeseen circumstances, is crucial to your nonprofit’s revenue stream. Organizations have been forced to pivot to a new set of virtual best practices, but how do you know which tactics your organization should adopt?
In this nonprofit webinar, you’ll learn:
- The industry’s top recurring giving best practices
- How to host a successful virtual fundraising event
- Innovative ways to engage younger donors
- How the right fundraising software can take your strategy to the next level
2. 4 Strategies to Create a Standout Virtual Fundraising Campaign
Virtual fundraising has become a must for nonprofit organizations, and that doesn’t seem to be changing anytime soon. While many organizations had to pivot their in-person events in 2020, virtual events proved to dissolve geographic limitations and allow people in any part of the world to participate. Your organization just needs to know how to engage supporters effectively and hit your fundraising goals.
By watching this nonprofit webinar, you’ll discover:
- Actionable marketing strategies to get your campaign noticed
- Ways to make your virtual campaign feel more personal
- Tips on how to engage donors through competitions, prizes, and incentives
3. Giving Tuesday Webinar Series
On Giving Tuesday 2020, nonprofits on Classy raised more than $37 million, a 95% increase from Giving Tuesday 2019. This not only proved the willingness of donors to show up after such a challenging year, but it also continues to prove the year-over-year growth of Giving Tuesday and the need for nonprofits to have a strong strategy in place for the giving day.
It’s never too early to start preparing for next year’s Giving Tuesday; in fact, a successful Giving Tuesday strategy should start early in the year.
Download the recordings to our nonprofit webinar series to learn more about:
- Effective nonprofit storytelling for your Giving Tuesday campaign
- The best practices of our top 2019 Giving Tuesday fundraising campaigns
- How to increase your fundraising revenue through low-lift, impactful tactics
4. Raising Money Online in a COVID-19 World: What Data and Research Reveals
Our co-host for this webinar, NextAfter, has looked at thousands of emails worldwide since January 2020 to analyze how organizations were responding to the pandemic through donor communications. As a fundraising research lab and digital consultancy, NextAfter shares data-backed insights to ensure you stay ahead with well-scripted, well-timed emails.
In this nonprofit webinar, you’ll discover:
- Which email types are performing the best during the COVID-19 pandemic
- How to personalize your emails to better engage donors
- Ways to keep donors coming back through your website
- How to thank your donors in a unique and meaningful way
5. How to Modernize Your Recurring Giving Program This Year
Just as a complicated transaction process on Amazon could deter you from repurchasing, an outdated donor experience can lead to a lost opportunity for your nonprofit organization. Thanks to major for-profit companies making their transactions as easy as one click, donors are anticipating the same seamless user experience from the nonprofits they support. This is especially critical in capturing recurring gifts, and our webinar dives into how you can do this and more.
Once you download this recording, you’ll learn:
- Actionable takeaways you can implement into your current recurring giving program
- How to leverage eye-catching design to tell a story
- Ways to tailor your messaging to modernize supporters
6. Top 5 Fundraising Campaigns of 2019
The best way to learn is to learn from the best. This webinar presents the top five fundraising campaigns on Classy in 2020 and dives into the strategies and creative ideas that set them up for success. After watching, you’ll feel ready to create your own campaign ideas to effectively educate, motivate, and inspire your donors to take action.
This nonprofit webinar will cover:
- The trick to creating a high converting crowdfunding campaign
- Powerful campaign theme ideas to elevate your peer-to-peer fundraising
- Giving Tuesday essentials to create a standout campaign
7. Why America Gives: How 2020 Events Will Impact Donor Plans This Giving Season
To explore how donor sentiments were impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, social justice movement, and 2020 election, we surveyed Americans and compiled our findings into our recent report, Why America Gives 2020.
Check out our nonprofit webinar, Why America Gives: How 2020 Events Will Impact Donor Plans This Giving Season, for a sneak peek into the key findings of this year’s nationwide survey addressing donor plans and fundraising trends.
By watching this webinar, you’ll learn:
- Which causes have gained the most support in 2020
- How COVID-19 has impacted typical giving behavior
- What role the social justice movement had in donor plans
- How politics played a part in the fundraising landscape
Make sure to then download a full copy of the report to access more stats to inform your fundraising strategy for the new year.
It’s safe to say there’s never been a better time to embrace online and mobile fundraising. In our third-annual report, The State of Modern Philanthropy 2020: Deconstructing the Online Donor Journey, we unveil our key findings after analyzing over 6 million transactions and 40,000 campaigns on the Classy platform, so you can stay abreast of the latest fundraising and giving trends.
Once you download and watch this recording, you’ll discover:
- How to more effectively engage your donor base and create meaningful connections
- What insights to focus on when trying to boost donor retention
- New key findings around online donor activity, demographics, and referral sources
Check out this nonprofit webinar to dive into some of the main takeaways from our report.
9. Raise More Money With Classy and Facebook: How to Unlock the Power of Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
A beautifully designed peer-to-peer campaign already enables you to reach more donors and boost donations, but the Classy for Facebook integration enables you and your fundraisers to increase your reach even further. The integration allows supporters to duplicate their Classy fundraising pages to Facebook in just a few clicks.
By watching this nonprofit webinar, you’ll discover:
- Why Classy’s peer-to-peer campaigns raise more money and drive higher conversion rates than other campaign types
- How to seamlessly integrate Facebook fundraising into your Classy peer-to-peer campaign
- How Classy for Facebook can help to boost your reach, raise more money for your cause, and crush your fundraising goals
10. Maximize the Power of Email: How to Reach the Right Donors at the Right Time
While the marketing channels available to nonprofits continue to evolve, email remains the pillar of any successful digital marketing strategy. You need to know how to stand out in your donors’ inboxes in order to get your messages read.
In this webinar co-hosted with Classy Partner Kindful, we unveil how to level up your email marketing strategy to make your organization cut through the noise.
By watching the recording of this nonprofit webinar, you’ll learn:
- Whom you should be emailing
- What you should be sending
- How to use key data insights to reach the right donors at the right time
This list contains the top nonprofit webinars of 2020, but the full library of topics covered in our webinar catalog reaches much further. Make sure to explore the additional online recordings to begin preparing for your best year yet.
Organize Your Fundraising Campaigns
Subscribe to the Classy Blog
Get the latest fundraising tips, trends, and ideas in your inbox.
Thank you for subscribing
You signed up for emails from Classy